Attractions, Activities & Sightseeing near Dharamshala
mcleodganj and its special attractions
The place we call \'India\' is blessed with in-numerous beauties. One very beautiful palce which adorns the northern part of India is McLeod Ganj, a suburb of Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh,India. Situated at the foothills of the snow laden Dhauladhar Range, McLeod Ganj attracts locals, foreigners and adventure tourists alike with its unparalleled scenic beauty. The best time to visit McLeod Ganj is February-November. But you should know that beside rains and low temperatures it looks very beautiful all around the year . It\'s a place which offers you everything that you need without taking anything away from you. You do not have to become a monk to experience the serenity and calmness which McLeodGanj offers. It\'s a heaven where urban sophistication is coiled with rural simplicity to create the perfect harmony which people crave for in the cities. You can sit in a fancy restaurant to relish a delicious Italian lunch and after that you can simply take a walk uphill or downhill and get lost in the wilderness.McLeod Ganj with all its natural essence- be it the breathtaking mountains, the fresh aroma of rain and cedar trees, the splendid delicacies, the calm and friendly locality,the queer silence of a moonlit night with the snow atop the mountains of Dhalaudhar glistening like a huge solitaire or the merry hustle-bustle of the colorful Jogibara Road - is like Santa\'s goody bag.
If you are planning to visit McLeod Ganj, I have a few recommendations for you.
For accommodation, nothing beats the Hotel Asian Plaza as it stands on the main square of the Mcleodganj and near the Jogibara Road. It doesn\'t matter whether you are a prince or a pauper, you will always be treated very warmly here. If you are a foodie, you are at the right place. You will be mesmerized with the plethora of cuisines that are available - from Indian to Mexican, Italian to Tibetan, Chinese to English- you name it, you have it. if you like the North-Indian food then do try the Himachali Thalis which are mouth-watering and very easy on your pocket.
For nature lovers, apart from the usual hot-spots like the Bhagsu waterfall and Triund trekking, one should also visit the places like Indru-Nag, Aghanjar Mahadev Temple Kaniyara And of-course Naddi.
McLeod Ganj is also known for tattoo lovers. If you have a passion of getting inked, do visit the tattoo studios or take an appointment from Tamding, who is considered the best artist in town.
Here are a few simple tips which will make your stay comfortable and keep you away from trouble:
- Do carry an umbrella or a raincoat as it can rain anytime without the slightest pretense.
- Bring a good pair of comfortable and sturdy shoes. If you want to explore McLeod Ganj, you would need them more than anything else.
- If you are squeamish about food, do not worry. There are a number of authentic Tibetan joints where you can enjoy a big bowl of steaming and healthy stew at any time of the day.
- If you decide to go for a trek up the Triund, make sure you carry some indispensable items- a torch, some energy bars and a few bottles of energy drink or glucose. Otherwise it could be extremely tiring for first-timers and inexperienced travelers.
- If you love to shop, make sure you spend your money on something unique that you know you won\'t find elsewhere. Because most of the things that you see there are available in Delhi at a much cheaper price. It\'s good to be a little cautious while shopping in McLeod Ganj unless, of course, you know the secret location of a buried treasure.
So, keeping everything in mind, do make McLeod Ganj a part of your must visit places. It would be a nostalgia and you will cherish it for a long time.